Digital Content Terms
Read this full License Agreement (“License”) carefully before purchasing, downloading, or installing any Doorposts e-books or other products (“Doorposts Products”). DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, OR USING DOORPOSTS PRODUCTS CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT TO ABIDE AND BE BOUND BY EACH AND ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT.
Doorposts Publishing e-books and other products purchased from Doorposts Publishing by download, CD-ROM or online updates (individually and collectively, “Original Products”), printed materials and on-line or electronic documentation relating to Original Products ("Manuals"), and all copies of and reproductions and derivative works relating to or created from Original Products (individually and collectively, “Doorposts Products”) are copyrighted and protected works belonging to and published by Doorposts Publishing ("Licensor"). All rights to Doorposts Products, other than limited use rights granted in this License, are specifically reserved by Licensor.
All uses of Doorposts Products are governed by and subject to this License. Doorposts Products are sold and distributed for use by authorized end users (“Permitted Users”) according to the terms of this License only. Any person accessing or using Doorposts Products is a “User” bound by this License. Non-permitted uses by Users who are not Permitted Users constitutes an actionable breach and violation of this License. Unauthorized use, reproduction, copying, sharing, sale, transfer or distribution of Doorposts Products is prohibited by this License and applicable law.
1. Limited Use License. All uses of Doorposts Products are subject to this License and applicable law. Doorposts Products may be used by Permitted Users only. A “Permitted User” is (a) an individual who has purchased one or more Doorposts Products, (b) an individual who receives one or more unused, properly purchased Doorposts Products as a gift, or (c) immediate family members of individuals mentioned in (a) or (b) who also share a residence with that individual. Licensor hereby grants each Permitted User a limited, non-exclusive license to download, save, install and utilize one (1) copy of properly purchased Doorposts Products for personal use by the Permitted User and members of the Permitted User’s immediate family only. Doorposts Products may be installed on one (1) or more computers or electronic devices belonging to or under the personal control of the Permitted User, provided that the Doorposts Product is used on no more than one (1) computer or electronic device at any given time. Doorposts Products may be installed and/or used on more than one (1) computer or electronic device simultaneously only if all simultaneous users are spouses, children, siblings and/or the minor children of a Permitted User who are using the Doorposts Product for simultaneous private homeschooling study or review. Downloading, installation and/or use of Doorposts Products constitutes the User’s acceptance of and consent to be bound by this License and applicable law.
2. No Duplication or Alteration. Users may make one (1) copy of each purchased Doorposts Product for backup and archival purposes only. Otherwise, Users may not duplicate, copy, photocopy, reproduce, modify, translate, disassemble, distribute, derive, or create copies or derivative works based on Doorposts Products. Users may not remove or alter copyright or other notices on or in Doorposts Products. Users may not share Doorposts Products except as expressly permitted by this License. Failure to comply with this paragraph is a material breach of this License resulting in immediate, automatic termination of the License, and may also subject breaching users to civil and/or criminal liability.
3. No Sharing, Transfer or Resale. This License and purchased Doorposts Products are personal to the original Permitted User(s) and may not be copied, posted on the Internet, shared or transferred to third parties. Users may not sell, rent, lease, license, loan, or transfer Doorposts Products, copies of the Doorposts Products, or use of Doorposts Products to any person or entity except as expressly permitted by this License. Users may not use or exploit part or all of any Doorposts Product for any commercial purpose or in any group educational setting without the advance written consent of Licensor. Users are prohibited from selling or reselling Doorposts Products, including without limitation “used,” partially used or previously owned Doorposts Products. Copying and/or resale of Doorposts Products constitutes a material breach of this License.
4. Termination. Users may terminate the License at any time by (a) destroying or erasing all hard copies of Doorposts Products, and (b) removing all Doorposts Products from the User’s computer(s), electronic devices and backup drive(s), provided that subsequent purchase, repurchase, installation, reinstallation, and/or use of Doorposts Products constitutes the User’s renewed agreement to be bound and abide by this License. Termination of this License also terminates the user’s right to use Doorposts Products. Licensor reserves the sole discretion to terminate this License unilaterally with respect to any User(s) who fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this License (“Breaching Users”). Breaching Users must destroy their copies of Doorposts Products immediately upon receipt of notice that Licensor has terminated their License to use the Doorposts Products.
5. Ownership. All rights and title to Doorposts Products, including without limitation copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights, are the sole property of Doorposts Publishing. Doorposts Products are protected by the laws of the United States, international laws, treaties and conventions, and other applicable laws. All rights are reserved. Doorposts Products may also contain protected materials belonging to third parties and used by Licensor with permission (“Third-Party Content”). Owners of Third-Party Content may enforce their rights separately from or in connection with Licensor.
6. Limited Warranty, Disclaimer of Warranties. Except for the limited warranty contained below, Licensor expressly disclaims any and all warranties on Doorposts Products to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. DOORPOSTS PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF CONDITION, DEFECT, USE, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Users accept all risk associated with or arising out of downloading, installation, use and performance of Doorposts Products, provided that Licensor warrants that Doorposts Products will be free from mechanical defects at the time of purchase (“Covered Defects”). Covered Defects do not include content, including without limitation Third-Party Content, links, and/or Internet websites. If a Permitted User provides Licensor with notice of a verifiable Covered Defect, Licensor will either (a) correct the Covered Defect, (b) provide the Permitted User with a replacement product of equal or lesser value, or (c) refund the Permitted User’s purchase price, at Licensor’s sole option and discretion. Licensor will not correct or warrant any defect, including without limitation Covered Defects, reported by Users or others who cannot verify their identity as Permitted Users. THE FOREGOING REPRESENTS THE SOLE, EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN THIS PARAGRAPH. EXCLUSIONS, LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS CONTAINED IN THIS PARAGRAPH DO NOT APPLY IF PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. YOUR RIGHTS MAY VARY BY JURISDICTION.
7. Limitation of Liability. LICENSOR DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, INACCURACY, LEGALITY, RELIABILITY, OPERABILITY, FUNCTIONALITY, AVAILABILITY AND CONTENT OF DOORPOSTS PRODUCTS. LICENSOR DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY, ARISING OUT OF, RESULTING FROM, OR RELATING TO DOORPOSTS PRODUCTS OR ANY PERSON DISPLAYING, INSTALLING, DOWNLOADING, ACCESSING OR USING DOORPOSTS PRODUCTS. LICENSOR DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR ERRORS, OMISSIONS, SUSPENSION, DELETION, MISDELIVERY OR UNAVAILABILITY OF COMPUTER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE AND OTHER PERSONAL PROPERTY BELONGING TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY. LICENSOR IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ACTUAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, CAUSED BY, RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF (A) USE, MISUSE OR LACK OF USE OF DOORPOSTS PRODUCTS, (B) MATERIAL, INFORMATION, ADVICE, GOODS OR SERVICES LEARNED OF, PURCHASED, OR OBTAINED THROUGH OR AS A RESULT OF DOORPOSTS PRODUCTS, OR (C) ANY OTHER CAUSE, EFFECT, ACTION, CONSEQUENCE OR DAMAGE NOT DIRECTLY CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM LICENSOR’S WILLFUL MISCONDUCT. EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS CONTAINED IN THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY DO NOT APPLY IF PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. YOUR RIGHTS MAY VARY BY JURISDICTION.
8. Export and Internet Controls. Doorposts Products may not be posted on the Internet and may not be exported or downloaded into any country (a) to which the United States has embargoed goods, or (b) where Doorposts Products are prohibited by applicable laws. Purchasing, downloading and installing Doorposts Products constitutes the User’s consent to abide by this paragraph and a representation and warranty that the User is not located in, under the control of, or a resident of any such country.
9. Equitable Remedies. Users hereby agree that Licensor will be irreparably damaged if the terms of this License are not specifically enforced, and further agree that Licensor will be entitled to file for, request and obtain any and all available legal and/or equitable remedies to prevent, enforce and redress breaches of this License without bond, security, or proof of damages, even if similar damages would not be available to the User or other parties. In the event litigation is brought in connection with this License, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover from the other party all the costs, attorneys' fees and other expenses incurred by such prevailing party in the litigation. A party need not recover an award of money damages to be considered a “prevailing party” for purposes of this paragraph.
10. Modifications. Licensor reserves the sole, discretionary right to update, modify or change this License at any time, with or without cause or advance notice. Updates, changes, modifications, additions, supplements and deletions to and from this License are effective upon implementation and posting on Licensor’s website. Downloading, installing and using Doorposts Products following changes to the License constitutes the User’s acceptance of any and all such changes.
11. General Terms. This License represents the only, final, complete and exclusive understanding between User(s) and Licensor and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreements. In the event of any conflict or disagreement between this License and other writings or agreements, the terms of this License will control. User and Licensor have no relationships or agreements, and User has no rights relating to Doorposts Products, except as expressly stated in this License. This License may be modified only by a written instrument executed by an authorized representative of Licensor which specifically states that it modifies this License. Nothing in this License will be interpreted to require the commission of an illegal act or a violation of applicable law. If any conflict arises between this License and applicable law the law will prevail, the relevant provisions of the License will be deleted, modified or limited to the extent necessary to comply with the law and all other provisions of the License will remain in full force and effect. Licensor may provide valid, effective notice to Users by posting or broadcasting notices on Licensor’s website or related websites owned and operated by Licensor. Notices posted on websites are deemed given when posted. Failure to enforce any provision of this License does not and will not constitute a waiver of the right to enforce the same or any other provision against the same or any other User or third party in any subsequent situation. Any provisions which are reasonably required in order to fully enforce this License will survive its termination. All rights reserved.
12. Internet Warning. Doorposts Products may contain hyperlinks (“links”) to or the Internet addresses of third-party websites not owned or controlled by Licensor. Links are provided for information purposes only. Licensor makes no warranties or representations about links and specifically disclaims any and all liability and responsibility for the content and functionality of the Internet and any loss, damage, inconvenience or offense Users experience as a result of the Internet, third-party websites, links, or their use. The content of the Internet may change during use and over time. Use of the Internet and content downloaded, obtained or accessed from or through the Internet is accessed, downloaded, viewed, obtained and accessed at the individual User’s sole discretion, risk and responsibility. Users agree to accept sole responsibility and liability for damage to their computers, hardware, operating systems, software, networks, servers and Internet service, including without limitation destruction, loss or corruption of data files, resulting from using, downloading, obtaining or accessing links or the Internet.
13. Acceptance by User. Each User understands and agrees to each and every one of the terms of this License as if the User had signed a written document containing the same.