This topical Bible for parents will help you use the Bible every time your children need instruction. Hundreds of Bible verses are organized according to 52 common types of misbehavior, along with numerous parenting ideas and suggestions.
Now in its 3rd edition, For Instruction in Righteousness has been updated and expanded after 18 years of faithful service. This new edition has over 50 pages added, with many chapters expanded as a result of additional parenting experience and Bible study.
|Now you can carry For Instruction in Righteousness in your pocket or purse! With our new eBook options, you can have everything that is in the print edition of FIIR at your fingertips — on your phone, tablet, or other mobile device, and on your laptop or home computer where you can print out pages for your own family’s use! And besides all the Bible-centered counsel and ideas that have always been in For Instruction in Righteousness, the eBook version includes links! Click on a topic in the Table of Contents, and you’re in that chapter. Then click on links that will bring up the full text for any verse listed in the book.
The EPUB edition works best for reading on iPads, iPhones, and most eBook readers. It works well, even on small screens, but is not easy to print pages or read on a computer.
The PDF edition is best for reading on your computer, printing pages, and reading on most tablets.
Both editions have a linked table of contents, links to Scripture texts, and the ability to search the book for certain words or topics.
Most chapters include each of the following sections:
- What the Bible says will, or should, happen to a person who sins in this way, with ideas for discipline that parallel these Biblical consequences.
- Instructions the Bible gives for repenting of this sin (newly added in this edition!)
- What the Bible likens a person to when he indulges in this sin, and ideas for practical object lessons using these examples.
- How God blesses the person who resists temptations to this sort of sin, with parallel ideas for “rewards” and encouragement when children show progress in overcoming this sin.
- Stories and people in the Bible that illustrate obedience and disobedience in this area.
- Fully quoted memory verses.
The winner of this giveaway will have a choice between the spiral-bount print book, the PDF eBook, or the EPUB eBook.