When Kerry Beck asked if she and her daughters could include me in their Homeschool Superheroes interviews, I was quite certain that I do not qualify as a “super-hero,” (and I certainly don’t look like the superhero ladies in her graphics!) But I agreed to join in on the interviews because I do serve a God who is stronger than any superhero, and His love and grace are the reasons I (and my children) have survived more than twenty-five years of homeschooling.
I would like to encourage you to join Kerry during her 3rd Annual Homeschool Super Heroes Week. You can listen to our interview on Monday, August 27, when we discuss Scripture memory and Bible study, encouraging godly character, and being consistent in disciplining our children. From now until the end of August, you can hear two free interviews each day, each offering advice about things like:
- Being a deliberate, purposeful mother
- Homeschooling as a military family
- Teaching the “mystery of history”
- Homeschooling preschoolers or boys or different aged children
- Saving money
- And much, much more.
The interviews are being broadcast online at HomeschoolSuperheroes.com between 4 PM and 10 PM Eastern time each weekday through the end of August. (Here’s the complete schedule.)
Here are specific instructions for listening to the interviews each day:
1. Go to their Daily Access page. Even though there is a log in on the right side of the screen, you do not need to be a member to listen.
2. Scroll down to the current date.
3. Find the speaker who is playing at this time.
4. Click on her name.
5. You should land on that speakers’ “Listen” page. About half-way down you should see a play bar. Click on the play button and enjoy. If you don’t see the play bar, you might refresh your screen.